Click to download the Emergency Rental Assistance ERA2 Flyer
Cook County Emergency Rental Assistance
Do you live in suburban Cook County?
Has COVID-19 made it difficult to pay your rent and utilities?
The Cook County Emergency Rental Assistance Program may be able to help you get up to 18 months of total assistance.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
1. Check your Eligibility To be eligible, renters must:
- Live in suburban Cook County and rent their home (Landlords may apply on behalf of tenants)
- Have proof of financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Have a household annual income at or below these requirements:
2. Gather Documentation For the initial application, renters need:
- Photo ID
- Verification of current monthly income
- Documentation of COVID-19 financial hardship (e.g., unemployment claims or proof of income decrease)
- Latest utility bill (if applying for utility assistance)
3. Contact Your Landlord
- Ensure you have their full name and email address
4. Apply on October 4
Applications will be accepted until October 29, 2021.
Get text alerts by texting: AlertCook to 888-777
For assistance with your application and language translation services, please contact the Cook County Emergency Rental Assistance Program helpline at 833-221-9821.
If you live in the City of Chicago or a neighboring county and need rental assistance, visit chicookilrenthelp.org for more information