Greetings CMMC Members:
We wanted to send a message to share resources and assist your business navigate this new landscape. Businesses have had to reorganize daily operations and we want to offer any assistance that may help. CMMC is more important than ever so please let us know how we can help and will prioritize our communications to ensure we stay a connected forum for regional manufacturers. Please send us any suggestions or questions about COVID-19 related resources to Kindy.Kruller@cookcountyil.gov
Support for Small businesses and Manufacturers
- CDC Guidance for Employers – Keeping a safe working environment during the outbreak
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 by U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Supply Chain Disruption Planning Checklist – This checklist can help your company react and prepare for disruptions.
- SBA Disaster Assistance – Low-interest federal disaster loans for small businesses impacted by Coronavirus
- Tax Relief – IRS Guidance related to Coronavirus for businesses and individuals
SBA Disaster Assistance
The Illinois Disaster Loan Declaration allows all Illinois small businesses (according to SBA’s size standards) and private non-profits with a substantial economic injury related to COVID-19 to apply for loans of up to $2M. These loans can go toward working capital to meet needs including payroll, accounts payable, and fixed debt payments until the situation improves. Interest rates are 3.75% for small businesses and 2.75% for non-profits. Business owners can apply for a loan now at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
We expect small business owners and stakeholders will have some questions. The Illinois District Office is hosting twice daily webinars on the Economic Injury Disaster Loans starting Thursday, March 18. You can find details and register for these training events at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
Add the SBA Illinois District <email@example.com> to your safe-senders list to make sure you’re getting the information. Follow them on Twitter @SBA_Illinois.
Cook County Taxes
The Cook County Department of Revenue is taking measures to support businesses in Cook County who are experiencing slowdowns or financial operational issues during this time of great uncertainty. We are offering tax relief options by request. If any individual or business needs additional time to file and pay Home Rule Taxes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request and extension.
Guidance and Hotlines
- Sign up for AlertCook, Cook County’s text alert system. Simply text “AlertCook” to 888-777.
- Download this OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19.
- Manufacturers can download this Supply Chain Disruption Planning Checklist provided by the Illinois Manufacturing Excellence Center (IMEC). IMEC offers an Illinois Manufacturing Helpline as well.
- The IRS has extended the tax deadline to July 15, 2020 and is offering Tax Relief for those affected by the coronavirus.
Critical Suppliers Needed!
The White House reached out to the National Association of Manufacturers, the Illinois Manufacturers’ Association, and every state manufacturing association in the nation, asking their member companies to identify their capabilities to step up and help the United States during this all-hands-on-deck crisis. The Administration is seeking volunteers who can donate and/or produce large-scale quantities of critical supplies in order to help the nation respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. These include items such as cotton swabs, gloves, N95 masks, ventilators, and more.
Support for Workers
- IDES Unemployment Insurance – Governor Pritzker has made unemployment benefits available to those whose unemployment is attributable to COVID-19.
- Worker Assistance by Illinois WorkNet.
State of Illinois Business Survey
The State of Illinois would like to identify affected business.
The Chicago Metro Metal Consortium (CMMC), supported by Cook County, works to strengthen the region’s 3800 metal and machinery manufacturing firms. CMMC offers manufacturers the tools, services and resources to improve and grow their businesses through collaboration and networking, market intelligence, and promotion of the region as the nation’s leading center for manufacturing.